We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. Therefore, we are working hard to make sure that we improve the accessibility of our site and ensure that it complies with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
This means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- Zoom in up to 200 per cent without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
We are currently working on making improvements to the site following a detailed accessibility audit that was done in September 2020. This website’s accessibility is being reviewed on a regular basis and we are updating this accessibility statement with any relevant changes as they happen, or referencing changes that are in the pipeline.
We know that some parts of the website are not fully accessible yet. For example:
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some video content does not have captions or transcripts
- some content is available in PowerPoint files that are not accessible.
We have made the following recent changes:
- reviewed and updated the alternate text on all pages
- updated hyperlinks to have more meaningful descriptions.
We are currently working with our developers on a weekly basis and making the following changes:
- correcting and updating any invalid HTML
- adjusting the contrast between background and text and ensuring that our text is at least AA compliant but we're aiming for AAA compliance as a general rule.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print and easy read, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or would like to provide feedback about your experience, contact us at email@example.com
Page last reviewed: 29 January 2021. Page last updated: 29 January 2021. Next review date: April 2021